Easy Adobong Talong Recipe
Posted November 11, 2022 by: Admin
- 1 bunch young long Asian eggplants, cut crosswise 1 1/2″ long
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 head garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns, crushed
- Cooking oil
HOW TO COOK:
- Heat a generous amount of cooking oil in a wok or skillet.
- Add the garlic, crushed peppercorns, and bay leaf, then stir and cook for a minute.
- Add the eggplant and cook stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add 2/3 to 1 cup of water, vinegar, and soy sauce, then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes over medium-low heat without stirring.
- Give a quick stir and cover the wok or pan and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until the liquid has turned into an oily sauce (stir occasionally).
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!