49 Riddles and Brain Teasers
Posted August 30, 2023 by: Admin
These brain teasers and brain teasers for kids are perfect for breaking the ice at the start of a class, keeping the kids busy on a road trip, or trying to surprise each other at family game night! Also, solving puzzles is good for developing thinking skills and the puzzles will generate a good discussion.
We love all kinds of funny jokes for kids! Since we posted over 75 funny jokes for kids, we have been saving and collecting riddles for kids. My kids are really into this kind of stuff right now. In fact, I also decided to put these puzzles in a printable format; maybe they’ll give you a few minutes of peace on a road trip or while you’re waiting at the doctor’s office. Read them from this post or scroll to the bottom of the post and print them out!
1. What gets wetter the more it dries?
2. When you search for something, why is it always in the last place you search?
3. A cowboy came into town on Friday. He stayed in the city for three days and left on Friday. How was that possible?
4. One night a king and queen entered a castle. There was no one in the castle and no one came out of the castle. In the morning, three people came out of the castle. Who were they?
5. Railroad crossing, watch out for cars. Can you spell that without “r”?
6. What has a face and two hands, but no arms or legs?
7. What must be broken before it can be used?
1. A towel.
2. Because when you find it, you stop looking!
3. Friday was the name of his horse.
4. The knight (night), the king, and the queen!
6. A clock.
7. An egg.
8. It lives in winter, dies in summer, and grows with its roots up. What is it?
9. It starts out tall, but the higher it goes, the shorter it gets. What is it?
10. What belongs to you but is used more by others?
11. What goes up and never goes down?
12. How can a man go 8 days without sleep?
13. I am full of keys but can’t open any doors. It’s me?
14. What has a thumb and four fingers but isn’t alive?
8. An icicle.
9. A candle.
10. Your name.
11. Your age.
12. He only sleeps at night.
13. A piano.
14. A glove.
15. A man found an ancient coin and stated that the date on it was 150 BC. This can’t be true. Because?
16. What weighs more, a pound of bricks or a pound of feathers?
17. I’m light as a feather, but even the strongest man can’t hold me for more than 5 minutes. It’s me?
18. Can you name three days in a row without using the words Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday?
19. Timmy’s mother had three children. The first was called April and the next, May. What was the name of the third child?
20. What kind of coat can only be worn when wet?
21. What happens once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in a thousand years?
15. Because BC counts backward from the birth of Christ. If Christ hadn’t been born yet, there were no dates in BC yet!
16. Same thing: a pound is a pound!
18. Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.
19. Timmy, of course!
20. A coat of paint.
21. The letter “m.”