Brownies and Chocolate Chip Cookies combined into One Cookie
Posted May 11, 2023 by: Admin
The inspiration behind this recipe came from my love for both brownies and cookies. I wanted to find a way to enjoy the best of both worlds, and Brookie Cookies were born. I’ve used a classic chocolate chip cookie dough and paired it with a lively brownie batter made from a store-bought mix. The result is a decadent dessert that will satisfy all your cravings.
But wait, there’s more! If you’re feeling a little more adventurous, you can try making Reese’s Filled Brookie Glasses or Loaded Brookie Bars. These variations take the Brookie Cookie experience to a whole new level, and trust me, your taste buds will thank you.
Of course, these treats are perfect for kids, but they’re also great for special occasions, potlucks, family gatherings, or just a spontaneous indulgence. Don’t be afraid to treat yourself once in a while – you deserve it. So go ahead and whip up a batch of Brookie Cookies, and let the heavenly combination of brownies and cookies take you to dessert heaven.
what you will need
Here are all the ingredients needed to make the two cookie doughs for these delicious brookie cookies.
Brownie Cookie Dough:
- Brownie mix: I use the 18.3 oz box of Betty Crocker, but you can use your favorite brand.
- Flour: Unbleached flour is best.
- Butter: I use unsalted because salted butter gives it a salty taste. It should also be melted.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract gives it the best flavor.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- Butter: Again, unsalted butter is best and should soften for the cookie dough.
- Brown sugar: You can use dark or light.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract is worth it!
- Flour: Once again, I like the unbleached flour here.
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips: Semi sweet is the perfect balance and I prefer to use minis.
- Chocolate syrup
- mini chocolate chips
How to make brownie cookies
- This simple 2-step recipe for the brownie portion of brookies is super easy!
- Step 1. Combine brownie mix and flour in a medium bowl. Make sure it is fully combined.
- Step 2. Add the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla to the bowl and mix well. Make sure you don’t mix it too much. Set the dough aside.
How to make chocolate chip cookies
This is a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe that can even be baked on its own.
- Step 1. In a separate bowl, mix the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. It should be fluffy and creamy.
- Step 2: Mix the eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Step 3: Gently add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients. Be careful not to over mix.
- Stage 4: Fold in 1 cup of mini chocolate chips. Set aside.
How to make this Brookies Cookie Recipe
Now you are ready to combine the two types of cookie dough to make delicious brookies!
- Step 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet. Cover with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Step 2. Prepare the chocolate chip brownie cookie dough.
- Step 3. Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop each of the batters into balls. Each brookie will take 1 ball of each flavor.
- Stage 4. Pinch off about ¼ of the brownie cookie dough ball and set aside. Press the rest of the ball onto the baking sheet.
- Step 5. Dip the ball of chocolate chip cookie dough into the chocolate syrup. Place it on top of the brown dough layer.
- Step 6. Take the pinch of brownie batter that you saved and place it on top of the chocolate chip cookie layer.
- Step 7. Press layers together and roll in additional mini chocolate chips.
- Step 8. Repeat this process for the rest of the cookie dough.
- Step 9. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the chocolate chip cookie layer is golden brown.
- Step 10. Remove from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
How to Store Brookie Cookies
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. They will last up to 5 days.
Can I freeze them?
Yeah! Place the cookies in an airtight container and they can be frozen for up to 3 months. You can also freeze the cookie dough. Roll it into balls and freeze for up to 3 months, too. Do you want to have them ready to bake? Layer the cookie dough as directed in the directions and they can be baked from frozen.
Decorating for Holiday Bookie Cookies:
Looking for a fun Easter cookie? Let’s turn these Brookie Cookies into a special cookie for Easter or Spring.
While the biscuits are baking, add Cadbury Mini Eggs to a resealable bag and use a hard stainless steel rolling pin or measuring cup to crush the chocolate eggs.
Then, once the biscuits have finished baking, immediately top them with the crushed Cadbury Chocolate Eggs and let them cool completely on the baking sheet. You can do the same to use red and green M&M’s for Christmas, etc.
Once they’re cool, you can store them in a single layer in an airtight container until you’re ready to enjoy them.
Brownie Cookie Instructions:
- In a medium bowl, combine brownie mix and flour. Mix well.
- Add the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla and mix well.
- Set the dough aside and make the chocolate chip cookie dough.
Instructions for the Chocolate Chip Cookie:
- Using a different bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Add 1 cup of mini chocolate chips and mix well.
Creation of bookmaker addresses:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the brownie cookie dough and chocolate chip cookie dough as directed.
- Once both are done, use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to create balls of cookie dough from the brownie cookie dough and chocolate chip cookie dough (I like to scoop out all of mine at the same time ).
- Each brookie will use 1 brownie cookie dough ball and 1 chocolate chip cookie dough ball.
- Pinch off about 1⁄4 of the brownie cookie dough ball and set aside.
- Press the rest of the brownie dough ball onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Dip the ball of chocolate chip cookie dough into the chocolate syrup and place on top of the bottom brownie layer.
- Take the small brownie sprinkle and place it on top of the cookie dough layer (so now you have 4 layers: brownie bottom, chocolate syrup, chocolate chip cookie dough, brownie top).
- Press the layers together and roll the brookie in the mini chocolate chips and return to the baking sheet.
- Repeat this process until your cookie sheet is filled and ready to bake: place cookies about 1.5″ apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the chocolate chip cookie looks golden brown (I baked mine for 11 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.